July 15, 2012

Simplicity 2219

I had to take a little break from Marrakesh pants, because I ran out of white thread.
I ran out of white thread?  How can it be?  I thought I bought a big roll? 
But it did happen, and I decided to take this opportunity to use one of the knits from Girl Charlee to make a dress.

I used Simplicity 2219.
This is such a TNT pattern.
This is actually my 4th one, a 5th if you count the one I made for my sister-in-law.
Although it looks pretty stylish with the front gather and facing and everything, it comes together pretty quickly.
From cutting to finishing, it probably took about 4 horus total.
I really wanted to finish it in one night...but when I finished the top part and realized it's 10:30pm, I decided to go sleep.
Sure enough, I finished it really quick the next day.

The past two sleeveless version I made, I noticed that the armholes were pretty low.
It barely not show my bra.
I didn't want to take much time to adjust the pattern, since it involved too much curve and all, so I just used maybe 1/4 seam allowance instead of 5/8 for this area.
It turned out perfect!

I also had to modify the back skirt.
Because I had three separate cuts of 1/2yd fabrics, I couldn't make one big back skirt.
So I stitched two 1/2 yds together, and made it into a back center seam.

I still love this pattern...
I might make a top with sleeves with another knit from Girl Charlee.

1 comment: