However, since I stopped working, I shouldn't be spending so much money on fabric...
So I looked around the house to see what I can use to support my habbit.
I found lots of my kids clothes that they cannot wear, because it's too small, or some other reasons.
I decided to upcycle them using the existing items.
This is my daughter's tanktop & brand new burpclothes.
We got these burpclothes recently but since our daughter is already 6 months old, we don't use them anymore. Her tanktop is still ok, but it's so short that her belly is always showing.
My daughter's onesie and my son's old t-shirt.This was such a cute onesie with a little flower. I loved it but she can no longer wear it.
My son's t-shirt is cute, but once again, I don't put it on my daughter because it shows her belly. He also never wore it for the same reason, so it's practically brand new.
I messed up so much on this... I kept sewing the wrong side, so I kept cutting it shorter and shorter, and finally the brown fabric just wasn't enough, so I ended up adding another burpclothes in the middle.
I also sewed the wrong side of brown fabric to the right side of the white burpclothes, but it just was too much cutting so I left it alone, hoping the stitches look like the decoration.
I'm not too happy with either... :(
They are wearable, but just look soooo handmade. :(
I guess she can wear it at home.
Need more practice, practice...