February 25, 2012

Vogue 1236

I just got a new shipment from www.fabric.com, and one of them was flower (twig?) print from linen/rayon blend, and it looks perfect for Vogue 1236.
So now I'm sewing up the sewable tracing paper muslin for it.
I just made size 12, according to Vogue sizing and it was too big, so I made size 10 and it was better.
It seems to be happening more, actually with all the Vogue patterns I've tried.
Maybe I'm actually size 10 in Vogue.



Here's the review...


Pattern Description: Loose fitting dress

Pattern Sizing:8-24. I made 10.
I at first used sewable tracing paper to make a rough muslin in size 12 according to Vogue size chart, But it was too big. After making few Vogue patterns in 12 and always have to scale it down to 10, I'm starting to think I'm size 10 in Vogue.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It is very comfortable! I like that it's a pullover dress without any zipper. No dislikes.

Fabric Used: linen/rayon blend from wwwfabric.com


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: i raised the neckline by 3cm. I made the facing accordingly, but probably because of how I made it, it didn't match the length of the bodice neckline so I had to make another pleat... Which isn't too noticeable.
It probably defeats the purpose, but after sewing the shoulder seams together I just topstitched around the armholes instead of slipstitching. I didn't trust my hand sewing. Lol.
I didn't add lingerie straps. I thought about adding the belt loops but the belt sits well without it.
Because of fabric limitation (i only used 1 1/2 yd!) i only made one pocket. Nobody will know, plus I never use two pockets anyways!
I didn't modify, but the armholes are a little too big for me. You barely can't see the bra, but it's just my preference. I'll probably modify it next time.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I would probably sew it again. It looks like it's something my mom would like, so I can picture her asking me to make her one once she sees it.

Conclusion: it's an easy pattern to sew, that produces very comfortable, stylish dress. I love how I can say "I'm wearing a DKNY dress!".

1 comment: