February 23, 2012
Burda Magazine 3/2010 Dress/Top #111
I had some mesh fabrics in my stash, and I really didn't know what to do... Until I saw this dress on Burda issue 3/2010.
I thought the red/navy pattern was perfect print for a kimono style.
After I made the dress, I thought it would also work well with the other black mesh fabric
But I felt the dress was too dressy for everyday use, so I decided to make a top.
It wasn't too difficult to make.
I made straight size 37 without making any muslin, since Burda patterns have been fitting me good.
Although my waist is a little bigger than size 37, I thought it would be ok because of the loose fiting design.
The only place I had a troule was the neck facing...
Not because the pattern's fault, but because of the fabric choice I made.
This mesh was hard to press, so I had the hard time having it stay without the edges flaring out.
As for the black top, I caught some bodice fabric in the process, so I had to rip the stitches apart, which ended up with a hole...
I got so frustrated that I almost tossed it in the trash...
But I ate my lunch, became content, and got back on it again.
I just stitched up the hole, and it was hardly noticeable.
I love these dress/top! They are very comfortable to wear.
I thought the mesh would be see through, but it wasn't that bad.
I can at least wear it around the house with no cami or peticoat underneath.
As for the black top, it has become one of my favorite top.
I just hope it's not out of style, since it is from 2010!