February 17, 2012

Burda Magazine 3/2010 dress#111

I'm constantly impressed with Burda patterns.
i love how all the lengths match up, etc.

So I finally got an use out of the mesh fabric I had in my stash.
I used dress #111 from 3/2010.
As I saw in some reviews, this was a fast, easy project.
It also helped that this mesh doesn't fray, so I didn't need to serge the edges.
Just cut and stitch!

The only part I had a problem with was the neck facings.
After I attached it to the wrong side of the bodice, I flipped iver and had a hard time topstitching (edgestitching?) without getting wonky. :(
But because of the busy print, you can't tell. Luckily.

The neck was pretty low, but since it's a mesh and I'll need to wear something underneath anyways, I didn't mind.
But if I were to make this in a non-see through material, I'll probably bring up the neck.

Although it turned out nice, I don't think this mesh, or the print was a right fit for this pattern.
It really looks like a kimono ROBE.
Yup it looks like I should be wearing it at night in bed reading a book or something...

Picture to be posted later...
I still need to finish the hems. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment