August 20, 2012

Simplicity 1872 and Oliver & S

I got this fabric for free from PR member, but it's polyester and just too hot for Hawaii.
There was almost 4yrds of it, so I decided to make a dress for my sister-in-law who lives in California.
I've made her a Simplicity 1872 in the past so I already had a pattern.
Unfortunately I cut my fabric wrong so I couldn't make a dress but made her a top instead.


It wasn't enough for a dress but I had enough left over material so I made a ruffled top for her daughter.
I'm a little iffy on this top...
I think the back is too low and exposed.
I've made one for my daughter in the past, and her back is always wet because she sweats and there's nothing to absorb her sweat.
I might modify it so it has a back and has shoulder straps instead of a halter.
I just like their ruffles.
I think it turned out really cute with red trim.


We got some goodies from Hawaii and will be shipping this out tomorrow.
I heard CA is pretty hot as well... Hopefully they'll be able to wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment