March 2, 2012

BurdaStyle Handbook Coat

I've been working on a jacket from BurdaStyle Handbook.
I've been working on it in between other projects, because I wasn't too crazy with the fabric choice.
I used Cotton poplin, which is fine, but I just don't like the color...
It's a light grey, which might be good for pants (which I'll probably use it later on) but as a jacket, it looks like a work uniform.

But as I progress the jacket, it doesn't look too bad, thanks to the nice style.
I got excited and started to hurry the process...
And got stuck again, because the puff sleeves just look horribly unnatural.
It's probably because of the fabric. It looks cute in the picture with their wool fabric.
I'll have to take off the sleeves, and take off the puff part, following the instruction from their variation.
Once again, I'm a little unmotivated...
I'll probably end up making something else...
I wanted to finish this jacket while the weather is a littlle chilly...

No comments:

Post a Comment