November 14, 2011

Simplicity 6648

I originally wanted to make another beach coverup with this fabric, but it just turned out to be a disaster...

The fabric just did not go with it.

Plus I've sewn (serged...even worse) the front & back wrong, so I was just not motivated to finish it.

I just wanted to turn it into something else...

I always wanted to try Simplicity 6648, and I thought this was the good time to use the fabric to make View D, as it didn't seem to use that much fabric.

Turned out... I LOVE IT!

It was so easy - I didn't have enough fabric to make the full waist band, but it still turned out pretty good.

It's another cowl neck top, but it was even easier than the McCall version.

I actually finished it in one day. I cut the fabric while my husband watches the kids, and sewed it while they're taking a nap, and it was done!

The only thing with it is that the neck is a little low and armholes were a little too big... I might need to try size 10 around the shoulder area.

I have another jersey fabric, so I want to try the View A with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment