April 2, 2012

BurdaMagazine 03-2012-136

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Another top for my friend's daughter.
I got this fluffy seersucker from Walmart that I wanted to make something cute and fluffy.
Luckily Burda had a toddlers pattern in 98cm. (some of the patterns are for big kids)

They rate this "easy".
It is easy, because everything is straight stitch... But not really my favorite, because it's just full of gathers and II don't really like gathers!
I just have hard time making them even.

Few adjustments I made to the pattern.
1. They called for 3cm neck (chest?) band and fold it in half, and insert elastic.
If you fold it in half, it'll only give me 1.5cm to work with to seam, and add elastic!
I didn't trust my skill that much, so I doubled it to 6cm, and used 1cm elastic but still had a hard time inserting the elastic. :(
2. They said to zigzag the hem and let it frey if it wants, but I rolled hemmed.
3. Because it's for my daughter and can't try it on her, I added shoulder straps in case the neckband is too big for her.
At least it'll keep it on her.

What I wished I changed...
Each ruffles barely covers the stitches on the ruffle below. I wished they were a little longer.
If I was to make this again I'd add about 1cm to the middle ruffles.

Would I make this again? Definitely, i think my 1yr old daughter was eyeing it. :p
The smallest size is still too big on her, so once she's big enough to fit them I can make it in few sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment