July 20, 2011

Vogue 1152 In progress

This is my muslin for Vogue 1152.
I so wish that I made this my "wearable muslin".
The color/material of the fabric seem to go so well with this pattern.
But because of the errors I made, it's all pieces of fabrics stitched together, and I won't be able to wear it in public. :(
(Never mind the messed-up piping job, because it's just a muslin... I don't even have a piping cord in there)

All I need to do left (to see the fit of this dress) is to attach a zipper & sleeves.
Since I'm short (4'11"), I've already shortened the skirt length ahead of time. This seems to be a pretty good length.
However... my bodice seems to be "sagging"...
I think the gathering detail should be right below the bust, but it's closer to the waist on me.
So I need to shorten the bodice.
(For some reason, the back bodice seems to be fine)

Do I just shorten it at the shoulder? Wouldn't it affect the armhole size?
And of course, I should lengthen back the front skirt piece.

I'm not really a big fan of muslin...
But I'm glad that I'm doing it this time, since I need to adjust this much details.
I love this dress, I want to make it perfect!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment